Sally-Heath is still sick, but she’s a trooper – feeling lousy isn’t going to keep her from enjoying her vacation and her time with Pete, Ali and Doug. I haven’t caught this thing yet, and I certainly don’t want it!

Pete went in to the office today, and Ali had some errands, so we’re on our own. The result: a long boat ride! Sally-Heath, the boys and I took a slow ride all through the lagoon – to the very end (and back, of course). We went fairly early, before the wind would normally start. The morning was sunny and bright and cloudless – it was beautiful. There is just something incredibly relaxing about being on the water.

Sally-Heath and I revisited the Thai restaurant and had another really good meal. That place is a keeper – they are very busy and it is not hard to see why. When we got back Ali was home and Doug had completed a very promising phone interview. We watched a couple of CSIs, then some of the Democratic National Convention. Tonight Hillary is to speak, and we all want to hear that.

But it turns out we have to record Hillary, because she is on right in the middle of dinner. We take the boat across the lagoon to the Japanese restaurant (same one we visited the first night here), and had another great meal with plenty of Saki to boot. Doug walked back, and the rest of us boated back. What a neat way to go out to dinner!

When we got back we watched Hillary give a very strong and very good speech in support of Barack. After that we played Rumi-Cube – Doug won both games. I went to bed – Doug and Sally-Heath stayed up ‘til the wee hours talking. I think she must be feeling at least a little better. But look out, Ali is showing signs of having a similar malady. Another great day. Hope Ali is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment