Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 60! - Foster City

Foster City - 14 miles total and 25.0 mpg. Totals for the trip, 9199 miles, 26.9* mpg. Those are the stats.

I’m happy to report another relaxing, laid back kind of day. A little warmer today, around 75 I think, and just beautiful weather. While Sally-Heath walked to Curves, I took the boys to the dog park. The excitement there was when two fairly big dogs hit me from behind, taking my legs out from under me. I hit flat on my back, and I saw my sunglasses falling after me. A scary moment, to be sure, but no problems (yet). I think I was lucky, again.

Doug at work
Sally-Heath and I went to a Thai restaurant not too far away while Doug had the boys. It may be the first time we have been separated from the boys since Red Lodge! We had a nice lunch outside, very close to the bay.( S-H: note to Wendy “Coriander” still is the top Thai spot!)

We spent some time planning our trip from here to home – decided to stay 3 nights in Big Pine,(S-H: I am excited that we will go up to the trailhead at Mt.Whitney and do a day hike up to the first lake {snif, can’t take the dogs on that trail}) then probably drive home on Saturday. The Labor Day Weekend makes finding a reservation difficult at places like Flagstaff, Jacobs Lake (North Rim) or just about anywhere we might like to stop along the way. So we’ll just go home!

We also set up a trip to Australia for Sally-Heath. She will be there most of September, while I try to get myself back in physical shape and musical shape. (recover from the long vacation!)

The Rumi-Cube Game
After my nap I took the boys for a one hour walk, and returned to a Rumi-cube game in progress. We continued playing for several more games, had a wonderful salad (by Sally-Heath), all on the deck, watching the ducks, out-rigger canoes and other watercraft go by.

Sally-Heath, the boys and I finally joined the water-fairing crew in Ali’s, and had a nice short trip on the water. It was really nice.

Then we watch a movie, Pi, which I do not recommend – it is very strange, in the Kubrec tradition – very 1984ish. I don’t know why I watched the whole thing…..

That was it. Quiet, nice, relaxing. We actually have more planned in the next several days, but I think we needed a couple of days with essentially nothing on the agenda. It was good too being able to spend a little time with Doug.

2 comments:

Wendy Lloyd Curley said...

Coriander has been taken over by new owners/managers. I ate there on Wednesday. Still yummy. Thai here is just GOOD.

Working for a living... back to it! WLC.

Anonymous said...

Heading for the homestretch! I'm really enjoying your travel blog. I'm playing a rare summer gig tonight at Firerock Country Club in Fountain Hills.

Looking forward to "helping" you recover your music and tennis chops. -- RJ