
I got up late, Ali and Sally-Heath were already at the Chihuli show in San Francisco with Jim and Lisa. (S-H: If you have not become acquainted with Dale Chihuli’s glass artistry …well…check him out! Spectacular is an understatement.) My task was the dog park, which we did – there were a lot of dogs there, and the boys had a good time. When I got back I had 10 minutes to get ready for dim sum! A quick turnaround, put the boys in the car (in shade), and Pete, Doug and I took the boat ride to the restaurant. Jim, Lisa, Sally-Heath and Ali had already secured a table, and were happily chowing down when we got there.
The restaurant must have been designed for a high noise level. It was packed, and the dim was incredible. I could barely make out what was being said at our table. But the food was great. With dim sum, of course, they just continuously bring food to your table – different dishes of all kinds of things – and you have to decide whether to get it or not. Charges are essentially by the plate, although here they keep a paper record as well. Everything I tried was really really good. I have no idea what most of it was!
The afternoon was ad hoc. We had no plan, nothing special to do, and there were several naps in progress. Still recovering from Saturday I suppose. Later on another Rumi-Cube game started, and I took the boys for a walk. It was a fairly long walk, and involved a Safeway store and some ice cream, and when I got back the Rumi-Cube session was just ending – LeBlanc’s 5, Lloyd’s 0 – oh well!

Supper was special. Doug cooked the salmon, and it was great. I think he used Alan’s recipe. It was cooked perfectly. Alison added some great broccoli, and Sally-Heath and I had ice cream for dessert. The only bad news is Sally-Heath is finally sure she has a cold, not just a scratchy throat from the peppery Dungeoness crab a couple of nights ago.

Pete, Ali, the three dogs and I went for a boat ride – the wind had subsided, the temperature was just perfect, and the ride was great. I love just being on the water – always have.
When we got back Doug was watching the movie Seven, a very gory flick, and Ali and I finished it with him. Almost wish I hadn’t. It was really gory. Sweet dreams!
1 comment:
Mmmmm salmon.
FYI, in Australia, they call the Chinese meal you described, Yum Cha.
Love youse. WLC.
Post a Comment