Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 65 - Foster City

Foster City – n/a miles total and n/a mpg. Totals for the trip, 9349 miles, 26.8* mpg. Those are the stats.

Today started with a fairly early rise in order to take the boys to Catamaran Park. There is a group of friends, including Ali, who bring their dogs to the park each morning so the humans can socialize and so can the dogs. It’s a good group of both, and everyone, human and canine alike, enjoyed meeting Jake and Woody. We walked to and from the park, and it could have been a very nice walk, except for the black squirrels that drove the boys nuts. [S-H :-)]I haven’t worked so hard to keep them in tow (I was being Towed!) for a long time. Ali drove Lucy to the park.

Today is also the day Celia comes to clean the house. And the best plan is to be out of the house, stay out of the way, just as I do at home. Ali and Sally-Heath went shopping, and Jake, Woody and I went to the Redwood City CostCo. I needed replacement sunglasses, and the Foster City CostCo didn’t carry any. Plus we needed shrimp for dinner. I managed to find a bag of Pita Chips too!

Windy day - Lisa, Ali, Sally-Heath
We all got back home before Celia was done, so we relegated ourselves to the deck for a while. Which was fine, except today there were gale force winds – well, not really gale force, but really strong gusts. We did occasionally watch the tree really closely, hoping it would hold up! Lisa came by to see the boys, and stayed for a while, until the wind just got to be too much. Doug had relocated for the day to Rich’s to avoid the cleaning.

The Democratic National Convention started today, and we watch as Michele Obama introduced herself. She is one sharp lady – It’s not going to surprise me to see her as a candidate someday.

Dinner
At long last we were all together again, Pete home from work, Doug back from Rich’s, and a fantastic shrimp dinner was ready, courtesy of Ali, with help from Sally-Heath. It was just fantastic. Seconds and thirds fantastic.

We watched a movie – Bagdad Café – none of us knew what to expect, and that’s about what we got. It is one weird movie. Sort of a study in human nature, but really strange. It was a laid back day over all, and a good one. I hope Sally-Heath feels better tomorrow. Goodnight.

No comments: