Rockies 2008 – Day 58 – 08.18.08
Foster City - 24 miles total and 17.8 mpg. Totals for the trip, 9169 miles, 26.9* mpg. Those are the stats.
Today was a maintenance kind of day. After 57 days on the road there were a few things that needed doing, and we did them today. We took zero pictures today, for the first time on the trip. It just wasn’t a picture kind of day.
Laundry. Needed doing – not the first time on the trip, of course, but we had been waiting for Foster City to do it. The washing machine and dryer are still going.
Wash the boys. Needed doing badly – this is really the first time – they have been fairly clean several times, from swimming and such, but I think this is the first honest to goodness bath. We took them to a place where we could wash them ourselves, and we did that. The smell and feel so much better now. I hope they enjoyed it!
Wash the car. This has been done on the trip, but not for a long time, and not this thoroughly. I took everything out of the car, and got the full treatment. If we did it again the car would be really clean – but it is so much better right now that we feel like it’s a new car!
The above were the first trip. To begin that trip (it was 11am) we found a buffet that was actually pretty good. Essentially $8 for all you could eat, and they had some good stuff – salads, pastas, deserts to name a few. We stuffed ourselves and continued on to wash things.
The second trip was even simpler – wash the dog beds. Sally-Heath and I drove to the Laundromat, she started the washing, and then she left to walk to Curves to exercise. The boys and I kept an eye or 6 on the laundry, and moved it to the dryer. Then collected the finished product (much better now!) and drove home.
Watched some Hardball and Countdown with Doug, and it was actually a little difficult, not only because we had to watch the commercials, but because I haven’t watched TV in so long. I’d like to not develop that habit again, but I bet I will.
Sally-Heath got back from Curves, and we are headed out, walking, to a Japanese restaurant not too far away. Closed on Monday! Walk back, take car to another group of restaurants just across the water, and there is a Japanese restaurant there. We had a great meal, very reasonable. We’ll probably go back there, perhaps by boat. Sally-Heath drove home (DD), and Doug and I walked it after we finished our drinks.
We’re all home now, Olympics are on, and I’m going downstairs to watch with them. Goodnight.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good-night! WLC.
Post a Comment