Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 11 - Red Lodge - Party!

Red Lodge MT, 71 miles total and 27.7 mpg. Totals for the trip, 2249 miles, 27.2 mpg. Those are the stats.

A laid back day to be sure! A nice 10 hour sleep – longest in a long, long time.
This morning S-H continued her Cribbage dominance, beating me badly for the third time. Drat and gosh-darn-it-all!

Carolyn fixed a wonderful casserole for breakfast. All ten of us, well, really 9, because Lyle was on the phone for all of breakfast, sat at the big table and enjoyed a great breaky.

S-H helped Cindy treat Bob’s leg. Seems Bob was kicked in the leg by a stablemate, accidently, I’m sure. Cindy and Sally-Heath got it cleaned, disinfected and bandaged. Hope it heals quickly – Go Bob!

The morning is cloudy, with a clear threat of rain, including occasional fine mist falling. We modify our hiking plans accordingly. Instead of hiking far away from the madding crowd, we’ll hike the driveway to Dunham’s. That’s over a mile one way, and very steep in places – a fair elevation change. And if the heavens open we won’t be too far from shelter. So we go pick up the boys, and come back to hike – parking at the end of the road and hiking to the house. After a quick half sandwich we hike back down, this time in a fine mist which happily never turns into real rain. We’re both prepared for rain, but the boys would just be a mess.

We got back to the car, and headed into town where everyone else is, for gas and ice cream, and to take the boys back to their playpen. Got the gas, went over to the rented condo to check it out – pretty nice place – then left town without a hint of ice cream. Darn. Dropped the boys off and headed back for the big party.

That’s right, tonight is the big party! It won’t be as big as in the past, and I’m really glad. Just like our August Party, the 4th of July Party at Dunham’s had gotten out of hand. Just too many people, a lot of strangers, and in general, out of control. It’s about to start, so I’m stopping now – thought I better get the day logged before the party, cause I might not remember it after the party!

Party Time!
The party’s over. It’s the next morning. It was a great party. I think. I had fun. How do you describe a party? There was music, food, dancing, talking, drinking, laughing – just a small (about 30 I think) group of good friends having a really good time. I’m not good at names, but LuLu and Bob (Speedo), Mark and Kay (Waits friends, now ours too), Lane and Sherry, Turk and Lynn, Ezra, Denise – and of course the puppies – there were more folks there, but the names have left me.

It was great, as I mentioned, and I hit the sack some reasonable time, I’m sure. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Wendy Lloyd Curley said...

What kind of music? Was there live music? A little band? Would that be something you might consider in the future? You'd need quite a budget, but if all 30ish of you contributed, you could have Little Big Horn play. Or even just Ben and Wendy - Maybe there is a drummer and a a bass player we could ring in from Red Lodge. Anyhoo - seems like you had fun. Love you, miss you, bye. WLC.